Terms and Conditions for web hosting & domain products
This page was last updated: 10th March 2017
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply our services described on our website www.unica.host to you (“Services”). Our primary services are a domain name registration and renewal service (“Domain Registration and Renewal Service”) or our website hosting service (“Hosting Service”).
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Services from our website. You should understand that by ordering any of our Services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Please read through these terms and conditions carefully and print a copy for future reference.
Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Services from our website.
- By placing an order for the Services, you consent to us sending to you our regular newsletter. This newsletter is our primary method of communicating with you and will inform you of changes to our website, notify you of planned outages and updates, and keep you informed about our services generally.
Information about us
- www.unica.host is a site operated by Unica Host ApS (“we”, “us” and “our”). We are registered in Denmark.
- By placing an order through our website, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are acting on behalf of a company or other business, you further warrant that you personally have the authority to bind that company or business on whose behalf you are placing an order.
- By placing an order through our website, you warrant that:
The order process
- You can only place an order for the Services once you have successfully registered an account with us. Information that you provide while registering an account with us must be complete and accurate. You agree that we may block access to your account and the Services we supply if we reasonably believe that the information you have supplied is inaccurate. You must keep your user name and password secret at all times and not allow anyone else to use it. You must contact us immediately if you believe your user name and password has become known to someone else.
- Before you submit an order (by clicking the “Submit Order” button) you will be shown your order on screen including details of the Services you have wish to order and the price payable. You will then have an opportunity to identify and correct any input errors in your order for the Services.
- You will only be allowed to submit an order once you have registered a credit card or debit card on your account or set up a paperless direct debit.
- After placing an order for the Services we will give you details of the Services you have ordered. We will send the same details to you in an email, together with an invoice, to the email address you provided when you registered your account with us.
- You can view copies of the invoices we have sent you and details of what you have purchased from our website by logging into your account.
How the contract is formed between you and us
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us accepting your order and, if appropriate, letting you know that the Hosting Service you have purchased has been activated (“Acceptance Confirmation”). Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy our Services and all orders are subject to acceptance by us. The contract between us (“Contract”) will only be formed when we send you the Acceptance Confirmation. We may also decline your order for the Services for any reason, in which case we will tell you so.
- The Contract will relate only to those Services we have confirmed in the Acceptance Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Services which may have been part of your order until such Services have been confirmed in a separate Acceptance Confirmation.
- We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products or services you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our website will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller.
- If you are buying as a consumer (i.e., not within the course of your business), ordinarily, the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 allow you to cancel the Contract at any time within fourteen (14) working days, beginning on the day after you received the Acceptance Confirmation. However, by placing your order for the Services, you agree to us starting supply of those Services before the end of the seven working day cancellation period referred to here. As such, you will not have the right to cancel the Contract under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- This provision does not otherwise affect your statutory rights.
Our limited money back guarantee
- Once the Contact has been formed you may, subject to clause 8.2, only cancel the Contract in relation to the Hosting Service you have purchased (unless your Hosting Service includes the use of a dedicated hosting server or VPS/ Hybrid Server in which case you may not cancel the Contract). In such cases, you may cancel at any time within thirty (30) days, beginning on the day after you received the Acceptance Confirmation. If you do so, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Hosting Service you have cancelled. We will refund the price you have paid to the credit card, debit card or other account you used to make that payment. No other refund will be made. Limited to one per customer.
- To cancel the Contract under clause 8.1, you must inform us in writing through our support ticket system before the end of the thirty (30) day period mentioned in clause 8.1. As part of our cancellation process, we will respond to you via our support ticket system to confirm your cancellation request. You must re-confirm your cancellation request via our support ticket system or we will continue to supply the Hosting Service and your cancellation under clause 8.1 will be ineffective.
- You will not have any right under clause 8.1 to cancel the Contract for the supply of any other Services other than that noted in clause 8.1. Therefore, the Services which may not be cancelled include (but are not limited to):
- Hosting Services where you request a dedicated hosting server
- Domain Registration and Renewal Services
- Use of SSL certificates and other ‘add on’ products.
Price and payment
- The price of any Services will be as quoted on our website from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. These prices exclude VAT.
- The total cost of your order of the Services will be set out clearly in your Shopping Basket before you submit your order for the Services.
- Prices are liable to change at any time. We will notify you of a change in our prices at least thirty (30) days before the price increase comes into force. Any such price increase will not be effective until the Minimum Term (as defined in clause 20.3) expires. If you do not agree to such price changes, please cancel your Services in accordance with clause 20.3.1. If you do not cancel you will be deemed to have accepted the new prices, and they will be charged to the credit card, debit card or other payment method registered to your account.
- Our website contains the details of a large number of Services and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Services listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. Where a Service’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when accepting your order. If a Service’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before accepting your order, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the Services to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Acceptance Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- You must register a payment method for the Services you have ordered before submitting your order. You may pay by credit or debit card or, alternatively, you may set up a paperless direct debit against your account. We will take payment from the payment method you have registered against your account immediately upon sending you our Acceptance Confirmation or shortly thereafter. If we subsequently reject your order, we will refund the payment you have made to the credit card, debit card or other account you used to make the payment.
- Please note that when purchasing a Service, you are obliged to pay for that Service for the whole of the Minimum Term (as defined in clause 20.3) that applies to it (unless you have cancelled the Service under clause 8.1) even though you may pay by monthly direct debit payments. Consequently, you must not cancel your direct debit payments without first cancelling your Services under clause 20.3.1.
- We reserve the right to seek to recover any outstanding amounts due by you by other means, including referring the debt to an external debt recovery agent and/or by taking appropriate legal action. If your outstanding payment is referred to our external debt recovery agent then you may become liable for additional fees and charges and you agree to pay such charges in addition to the outstanding amount owed to us.
- Time for payment shall be of the essence. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until we have received cleared funds. If your chosen method of payment is not authorised by your credit card provider or bank, you hereby authorise us to seek payment from any other credit card, debit card or direct debit registered against your account. Further, if your payment is still not authorised we may, at our discretion, suspend or terminate any Services we provide to you from time to time, even if payment in respect of such Services is not outstanding.
- We warrant that (subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions) any Services purchased from us through our website will be provided with reasonable care and skill.
- We will not be liable for a breach of the warranty in clause 10.1 unless:
- you give written notice of the breach to us through our support ticket system.
- we are given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of examining our provision of the Services to you.
- We will not be liable for a breach of the warranty in clause 10.1 if:
- the problem arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions as to the use of the Services (if there are any)
- you alter the Services without our written consent
- the problem arises because of misuse
- Subject to clause 10.2 and clause 10.3, if we are in breach of the warranty in clause 10.1 we will, at our expense, use all reasonable commercial efforts to remedy the breach promptly or refund the price of the Services at the pro rata Contract price. This constitutes your sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the warranty set out in clause 10.1. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not warrant that your use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- We reserve the right to modify the Services without notice to you provided such modification does not adversely effect your access to, or use of, the Services or detract from the overall performance of the Services. Any change which may have such adverse effect on you or may detract from the overall performance of the Services will be notified to you at least sixty (60) days prior to the change taking effect.
- You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf which is not set out on our website or otherwise confirmed in writing by us. Nothing in this clause will exclude or limit our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Access to the Hosting Service
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Hosting Services. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Services through your Internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions (and in particular our acceptable use policy
Hosting Service service levels
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to make our servers available to you as part of the Hosting Service you purchase for ninety-nine point nine nine (99.99) per cent of each calendar month. We do not warrant access to our servers will be uninterrupted or error free but we shall use reasonable endeavours to keep downtime to a minimum. We shall make all commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with advanced notification of all scheduled and emergency outages through the system status page http://www.webhostingstatus.com on our website and through our newsletter.
- Service credits are not given for any form of downtime or service unavailability.
- You will have no right, title or interest in any internet protocol address (“IP address”) allocated to you, and any IP address allocated to you is allocated as part of the Hosting Service you purchased and is not portable or otherwise transferable by you in any manner whatsoever.
- If an IP address is re-numbered or re-allocated by us, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to avoid any disruption to you.
- You agree that you shall have no right, title or interest to any IP address upon expiry or termination of the Services, and that the acquisition by you of a new IP address following expiry or termination of the Services shall be solely your responsibility.
Back-up of your material and our servers
- It is your responsibility to maintain appropriate and up-to-date back-up copies of any data, information or other material you upload (or permit to be uploaded) onto our servers (“Material”) as part of your use of the Hosting Services. In the event of loss of or damage to your Material, you will not be given access to the server back-up we maintain pursuant to our archiving procedure.
- We will follow our archiving procedures for the data stored on our servers. In the event of any loss or damage to our servers, your sole and exclusive remedy will be for us to use reasonable commercial efforts to restore the data on our servers (including your Material) from the latest back-up we maintained in accordance with our archiving procedure. We will not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of your Material caused by you or any third party.
Hosting Service usage limitations
- Your limitations are:
- your Material is linked into web pages
- you do not use the Hosting Service as a backup of, or repository for, your Material
- you maintain good housekeeping to maintain your Material
- you comply with our acceptable use policy.
- The Hosting Service package you order includes the per calendar month bandwidth allowance applicable to that hosting package as this is set out on this website at the time of your order. The Hosting Service you have ordered will be automatically suspended if this monthly bandwidth allowance is exceeded. If this happens, you have to upgrade your Hosting Service package to one which includes a higher monthly bandwidth allowance, or wait for the Hosting Service to resume at the start of the following calendar month. You can monitor your monthly bandwidth usage in the eXtend control panel http://www.extendcp.co.uk
- Unless the Hosting Service package you order includes a dedicated server, you will only be allowed to use a maximum of five (5) per cent of our server’s processing capacity when using the Hosting Service package you order. At our absolute discretion, we may allow your usage to exceed this limitation, and we will speak to you about your hosting requirements if your usage has, or may have, a detrimental effect on our other customers.
- The Hosting Service package you order includes the number of mailboxes applicable to that hosting package as this is set out on our website at the time of your order. However, any mailboxes that have not been accessed for one hundred (100) clear days will be automatically deleted from our system.
- When using the Services, you must comply with our Terms of Website Use and our Acceptable Use Policy and these are incorporated into the Contract by reference. Any conflict between our terms of website use and these terms and conditions, will be resolved in favour of these terms and conditions.
- We shall be entitled to terminate the Contract, or suspend or terminate the provision of any individual Services, if you are in breach of our Terms of Website Use or our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Your limitations are:
- If a problem has arisen with regard to the Services or your registered account, you can access support through our support ticket system twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- Our support team will help resolve any problems you have with the Services you are receiving. We will not provide programming support to you, but, as part of our Hosting Services, our servers are compatible with many programming languages.
- Where the Contract includes our Domain Registration and Renewal Service:
- we will endeavour to procure the registration of the domain name you request
- we will not be liable in the event that the relevant domain name registry refuses to register the domain name you request, or subsequently suspends or revokes any registration for that domain name
- we shall not act as your agent or on your behalf in any dealings with domain name registry
- the registration of the domain name you request and its ongoing use is subject to the relevant domain name registry’s terms and conditions of use which you should obtain and consider.
- you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of the terms referred to in clause 17.1.4 so that you can comply with them
- the domain name you request will only have been successfully registered when you appear as the registrant on the appropriate “whois” database of the top level domain name registrar
- we shall have the absolute discretion to require you to select a replacement domain name to the one you have requested to be registered, and may suspend or terminate our performance of the Domain Registration and Renewal Service, if, in our opinion, there are reasonable grounds for us to believe that your current choice of name is, may or is likely to be in bad faith, breach of the provisions of these terms and conditions or any legal or regulatory requirement
- you confirm and warrant that you are the owner of any trade mark in any domain name (or have the authority of the owner of any trade mark to use such name) that you have requested be registered.
- You confirm and warrant that you are the legal owner of any domain name (or have the authority of the legal owner to use such domain name) supplied by you, or otherwise authorised by you, for use as a domain name in connection with any website in relation to which the Hosting Service supplied to you is used.
- Once the domain name has been successfully registered, it will need to be renewed periodically to ensure you retain your registration of it. We will send you renewal notices thirty (30) days and seven (7) days before the renewal date of your registered domain name. These notices will be sent to the email address then registered against your account. You hereby authorise us to automatically renew the domain name for you unless you have cancelled the Domain Registration and Renewal Service in accordance with clause 20.1.1. The price for the renewal will be as set out in the renewals page of the customer administration area and will be charged against one of the payment methods then registered against your account.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may place a number of locks on any domain registered with us either at the time of registration or at any time thereafter and without further notice to you. The locks that we may place on a domain include ‘clientDeleteProhibited’, ‘clientTransferProhibited’ and ‘clientUpdateProhibited’.
- Where the Contract includes our Domain Registration and Renewal Service:
Intellectual property rights
- You, or your licensor, retain all intellectual property rights in your Material, and you grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use, store and maintain your Material on our servers and publish your Material on the Internet for the purpose of providing the Hosting Service to you. You warrant that your Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party and you have the authority to grant the licence in this clause 18.1 to us. We may make such copies as may be necessary to perform our obligations, including making back-up copies of your Material.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services or of any claim or action that your Material infringes, or allegedly infringes, the intellectual property rights of a third party.
- If you download software we own from our website, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable royalty free licence to use that software for the purpose set out on our website in relation to that software. Such licence will automatically terminate when we stop providing the Hosting Services to you.
- Any third party software that you download from our website shall be licensed to you on the standard software licence terms of the owner of the intellectual property rights in that third party software as those licence terms are notified to you at the time you download such software.
- We retain all intellectual property rights in the Hosting Services (other than in your Material) and our software referred to in clause 18.3. Accordingly, you must not decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Hosting Services or our software.
- We will defend you against any claim that the Hosting Services (but not materials stored or maintained on our servers by third parties) infringe any United Kingdom intellectual property rights of a third party (other than infringements referred to in clause 18.2), and shall indemnify you for any amounts awarded against you in judgment or settlement of such claims, provided that:
- you give prompt notice of any such claim
- you make no admissions or settlements without our prior written consent
- you provide reasonable co-operation to us in the defence and settlement of such claim, at your expense
- we are given sole authority to defend or settle the claim.
- In the defence or settlement of the claim, we may obtain for you the right to continue using the Hosting Services, replace or modify the Hosting Services so that they become non-infringing or, if such remedies are not reasonably available, terminate the Contract with you without liability to you (in which case we will refund to you the price you have paid on a pro-rata basis). We will have no liability to defend or indemnify you if the alleged infringement is based on:
- a modification of the Hosting Services by anyone other than us
- your use of the Hosting Services in a manner contrary to our instructions or our Acceptable Use Policy
- your use of the Hosting Services after notice of the alleged or actual infringement from us or any appropriate authority.
- The foregoing states your sole and exclusive rights and remedies, and our entire obligations and liability, for the infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights by the Hosting Services.
- We do not monitor and will not have any liability for your Material or any other communication you transmit, or allow to be transmitted, by virtue of the Hosting Services.
- Due to the public nature of the Internet, we shall not be liable for the protection of the privacy of electronic mail or any other information transferred through the Internet or via any network provider and no guarantee or representation is given that the Hosting Services will be free from hackers or unauthorised users. You shall be liable for the content of any emails transmitted by virtue of the Hosting Services, for any material you upload to, or allow to be uploaded to, our servers and for ensuring compliance at all times with all relevant legislation (including, but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other privacy laws, regulations and guidance notes made or issued thereunder).
- All conditions, terms, representations and warranties that are not expressly set out in these terms and conditions (or the documents referred to in them) are hereby expressly excluded.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We will not be responsible for the following types of losses (in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential) and whether they are caused by our negligence or otherwise:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of goodwill
- loss of software or data
- wasted expenditure (such as pay per click advertising costs)
- wasted management or office time.
- Subject to clause 19.4 and clause 19.5, our maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed one hundred and ten (110) per cent of the price you have paid to us for the Services during the twelve (12) months preceding the event giving rise to the liability in question. Accordingly, you are advised to acquire business interruption insurance, or other appropriate insurance, to protect you and your business in the event of interruption of the Services (in particular the Hosting Service).
- Where you buy any product or service from a third party seller through following a link on our website to such third party’s website, the seller’s individual liability will be set out in the seller’s terms and conditions. You should consult such terms and conditions.
Duration of the Services and cancellation
- That part of the Contract relating to our Domain Registration and Renewal Service will commence on the date we send you our Acceptance Confirmation. It will continue until:
- we have registered the domain name you have requested (the “Domain Name”) and you subsequently ask us not to renew the registration of your Domain Name by logging into your domains control panel https://customer.heartinternet.uk/ and setting the Domain Name renewal option to “cancel” before the renewal date
- we terminate the supply of our Domain Registration and Renewal Service by notice to you because:
- the Domain Name is no longer available for registration
- clause 17.1.7 applies
- you are in breach of clause 17.1.8
- of some other reason preventing the registration of the Domain Name.
- If we terminate the Domain Registration and Renewal Service under clauses 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168, we will refund the price you have paid for the Domain Registration and Renewal Service to the credit card, debit card or other account you used to make the payment.
- That part of the Contract relating to Services other than our Domain Registration and Renewal Service will also commence on the date we send you our Acceptance Confirmation. Unless such Services are terminated as provided in this clause 20.3, they shall continue for the minimum period of time that applies to the Service you have purchased (as these are set out on our website and subsequently confirmed in the Acceptance Confirmation) (“Minimum Term”). After expiry of the Minimum Term, they will continue on a month to month basis until terminated:
- by you, as a Consumer, informing us of your decision to cancel the Contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax, e-mail, through our support ticket system (https://customer.heartinternet.uk/manage/ticket.cgi.) and providing thirty (30) days notice. You may use the model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory
- by you, as a Business customer, informing us of your decision to cancel the Contract by contacting our customer support department via support ticket system.
- by us giving to you at least thirty (30) days advanced notice in written sent to the then current email address registered against your account
- by exercising your right as a Consumer, to cancel the Contract(s) within the “cooling off period” i.e. within 14 (calendar) days of purchase. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. Please note that the Cooling Off period only applies to Consumers, not Business Customers. If you are unsure whether you are a Business Customer or a Consumer, you can view the definitions of these terms in the Definitions section of our Terms and Conditions.
- As part of our cancellation process, we will respond to you through our support ticket system. You must re-confirm your cancellation request via our support ticket system or we will continue to supply the relevant Services and your cancellation will be ineffective. You cannot cancel any of your Services by letter, email or telephone. You will not receive any refund of the price you have paid for the Services you have cancelled
- The monthly price for Services we supply under Contracts that continue on a month to month basis under clause 20.3 shall be charged monthly in advance directly to a credit card, debit card or other payment method registered against your account. Such payment will be taken on the same date of the month as on which the Services had originally commenced (“Payment Date”) unless or until you cancel the Services in accordance with clause 20.3.1. We will not provide you with a refund for a cancellation that is part-way through a billing period. Where the Payment Date does not recur in a particular month (e.g., 31 January, but there is no 31 February), you will be charged on the closest preceding date to the Payment Date (e.g., 28 February) for that month
- Without prejudice to any other right to terminate or suspend the Services we may have under these terms and conditions, our Terms of Website Use or our Acceptable Use Policy we may terminate the Contract at any time by giving you thirty (30) days advance notice by emailing you at the email address registered against your account. If we cancel the Services, we will refund to you the price you have paid for the Services on a pro-rata basis for the unexpired Minimum Term
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these terms and conditions, if you are in breach of an obligation of these terms and conditions we may terminate the Contract by seven (7) days notice to you and/or, at our absolute discretion, terminate or suspend without notice any individual Services we provide to you from time to time.
- Expiry or termination of the Contract shall be without prejudice to any rights and liability of either of us arising in any way under that Contract as at the date of expiry or termination.
- That part of the Contract relating to our Domain Registration and Renewal Service will commence on the date we send you our Acceptance Confirmation. It will continue until:
Deletion of your data
- If you cancel your Services, any data we hold or host in relation to the Services you have cancelled will be immediately and permanently deleted from our system. Accordingly, you are strongly advised to make appropriate copies of such data before you cancel your Services.
- If you have purchased a Hosting Service aimed at resellers, your package will allow multiple accounts to be set up for your customers. If you disable any of these accounts and they remain disabled for fifty (50) clear days, we will immediately and permanently delete those disabled accounts (and all the data hosted in relation to them) from our system.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply for our offers. If so, you will be advised of them at the relevant point.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices given by you to us must be given though our support ticket system. We may give notice to you at either the then current e-mail or postal address registered against your account with us.
Third party rights and transfer of rights and obligations
- Neither you nor we intend that any term of the Contract will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
- The Contract is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- misuse, alteration or interference by you or any third party of our servers or systems (including virus and hacker attacks);
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- mpossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.<
- Our performance under the Contract will be deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 24.
- If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of the Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us both in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into the Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order services from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Acceptance Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven (7) working days of receipt by you of the Acceptance Confirmation).
- No variation of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed on our behalf.
Law and jurisdiction
- Contracts for the purchase of Services through our site will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such the Contract shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. English is the language offered for the conclusion of the contract between us both.
Terms and Conditions for online backup products
- Use of and Changes to the Services:
- You may use the Services only if you have the power to form a contract with Unica Host ApS and are not barred under any applicable laws from doing so.
- The Services may continue to change over time as we refine and add more features and we may modify any content from the Services from time to time.
- In the event of a material change as set out in clause 3(c), we will provide any user of that aspect of the Services with at least 30 days’ notice prior to taking such action, save where the changes to the Services are the result of (i) minor technical adjustments which can be of no real significance to your use of the Services; (ii) changes required by law; (iii) changes required by necessity (e.g. to ensure the integrity or security of the Services or your data) or (iv) enhancements to the Services to reflect advancements in technology for your benefit, in which case we may not be able to provide you with 30-days prior notice and instead notice may be provided to you after the date of the material change.
- Unica Host ApS shall not increase the price of the Services during the fixed term of this Agreement.
- The notice referenced in clause 3(d) shall set out the scope of the change and enable you to understand the impact of this change on the delivery of the Services.
- If you do not agree to the material change made to the Services described in 3(d) above, you may terminate your use of the Services within 30 days of receiving the notice, and should you decide to terminate, you shall be entitled to a refund of fees paid for the unexpired portion of the Fixed Contract Period (please refer to clause 19).
- It is our intention that any such modification as set out in clause 3(c) would not materially reduce the functionality of the Services, however in the exceptional cases where the functionality is materially affected by the modification, we will phase out the modification over a period of 12 months, ensuring that the Service to you remains unaffected for the duration of your Fixed Contract Period, and shall provide you with a clause 3(d) notice prior to your next renewal date to explain the modification to the Services.
Activation, Your Files and Privacy
- The Services may be activated in one of two ways. You may commence the use of the Services by uploading your files, or in the case of a purchase from a Retail Outlet, if you have not taken steps to activate the Services in the three months after purchase, the Services will be automatically activated without further reference to you. You will be sent an activation email following activation as long as you have provided us with a valid email address.
- By using our Services you agree to us hosting your files and sharing your files with third parties nominated by you. In addition, as part of the Services we will process information in your files in order make back up files and to display your files to you in a manner that will assist you in using the Service, including image thumbnails or document previews. We may share your information with selected third parties, including sub-contractors who may perform some or all of the Services on our behalf. Subject to these exceptions, we will not share your files with any third party without first obtaining your consent.
- We may choose to review public content for compliance with our community guidelines, but you acknowledge that Unica Host ApS has no obligation to monitor any information on the Services. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of files, user posts, or any other information you may be able to access using the Services.
- The Services provide features that allow you to share your files with others or to make your files public. There are many things that users may do with your files (for example, copy it, modify it, re-share it). Please consider carefully what you choose to share or make public. Unica Host ApS has no responsibility for that activity.
Software and Updates
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use on your Unica Host ApS account to access the Services (the “Account”) and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for any activity using your Account, whether or not you authorised that activity. You should immediately notify Unica Host ApS of any unauthorised use of your Account.
Your General Responsibilities
- Files and other content in the Services may be protected by intellectual property rights of others. Please do not copy, upload, download, or share files unless you have the right to do so. Unica Host ApS reserves its right to delete files (without notice to you) where it has a reasonable belief that you do not have the right to copy, upload, download or share such files. You, not Unica Host ApS, will be fully responsible and liable for what you copy, share, upload, download or otherwise use while using the Services. You must not upload spyware or any other malicious software to the Services.
- You, and not Unica Host ApS, are responsible for maintaining and protecting all of your files and understand that unless clearly stated otherwise, Unica Host ApS is providing you with a backup service and will not be liable for any loss or corruption to the files that you backup arising from your actions. There are no additional costs and expenses for restores using the Unica Host ApS system, however should you request a custom restore outside of the Unica Host ApS system, any additional costs and expenses will be explained to you prior to the custom restore, and you will be responsible for the discharge of same.
- If your contact information, or other information related to your Account, changes, you must notify us promptly and keep your information current.
Limitation of Liability
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015; and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987, as may be amended from time to time.
- You can terminate your Services at the end of your Fixed Contract Period by contacting us by phone between 9am – 6pm (GMT) Monday – Friday on (+44) 020 3549 3508 at least one week prior to the end of your Fixed Contract Period. If you are a consumer within your free trial period or the first 14 days of any renewal period, please see Section 27 for additional termination rights. Fees paid by you to us prior to your decision to stop using our Services will not be refunded to you, unless your decision to stop using our Services follows a change in:
- the content of the Services as set out in clause 3;
- the Fees as set out in clause 30;
in which cases your fees shall be refunded pro-rata for the unexpired portion of your Fixed Contract Period.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to not permit you to renew your use of the Services by providing you with at least 4 weeks’ notice prior to the end of the Fixed Contract Period.
- use the Services in any way that would cause us legal liability or be deemed a use for an illegal purpose;
- use the Services in such a manner that has the effect of disrupting others’ use of the Services;
- act in conflict with a court order, or our providing the Services to you is in breach of a court order;
- represent a danger to the best interests of other customers or third-parties;
- exceed your Usage Limit repeatedly, or exceed your Usage Limit on one occasion when that Usage Limit represents the highest available limit;
- fail to disclose the number of devices on which you are running Unica Host ApS Backup, be they multidrive devices, network-attached (NAS) hard drives, or external drives (collectively “External Storage Devices”) or otherwise;
- directly or indirectly reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, reproduce or create derivative works of the Services or manipulate Services in any manner not specified by us;
- are found to have used the Services to store, backup or distribute material protected by intellectual property rights (including copyright) of a third-party unless you own or have appropriate rights to such material;
- engage in activity that damages or is likely to damage our tangible or intangible assets; or
- otherwise act in breach of the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy
- If we suspend or terminate your use, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to work with you to retrieve your files at no additional fee.
- the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform for online resolution (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/); or
- the Danish courts. If you do not live in these jurisdictions, then depending on your homeplace, you may also be entitled to bring a claim in your home court.
Free Trial Period and Statutory Cancellation Right
- Services are provided to all consumers on a free trial basis (duration of at least 14 days, to be confirmed to you at sign-up), and payment will be taken for the first Fixed Contract Period when the applicable free trial period ends, and not when you enter your billing details (which will be required prior to the commencement of the free trial period).
- The first renewal date for the contract shall be deemed to be the Fixed Contract Period plus the applicable free trial period, thereafter the renewal dates shall occur on the expiry of the applicable Fixed Contract Period.
- If you wish to invoke your statutory right under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 to cancel your contract during the free trial period or for 14 days after each renewal date, you may do so by contacting us through the client login area and open a ticket to cancel your account.
- If you do not cancel your contract prior to the end of the free trial period or during the 14 days cancellation periods as set out in clause 27, the fees for the first Fixed Contract Period will become due.
- All fees payable by you for the Services shall be in accordance with the scale of fees and rates published from time to time by us on our web site (the “Pricing Structure”), and shall be due and payable for provision of the Services in advance of each Fixed Contract Period.
- The Pricing Structure is determined by pre-agreed usage limits with you (“Usage Limit”). We reserve the right to alter the Pricing Structure, including ceasing to offer elements of the Services as provided for in clause 3. The current Pricing Structure will always be posted on our website and where a significant change (meaning a change that would lead to you paying more for the Services) is made to the Pricing Structure, we will provide you with notice at least 30 days prior to that new Pricing Structure being applied to the Services we provide you. By continuing to access or use the Services after receiving such notice, you agree to be bound by the revised Pricing Structure as and from the start of the next Fixed Contract Period. If you do not agree to the new Pricing Structure, you can then notify us that you want to discontinue use of the Services.
- All fees for our Services are due in advance and your contract will automatically renew on the expiry of the Fixed Contract Period, at which point fees for the following Fixed Contract Period become payable. Unica Host ApS shall provide you with notice of the renewal at least 30 days prior to the expiry of the Fixed Contract Period. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card then you authorise Unica Host ApS to debit your card with the fees due, and to avoid interruptions in the Services caused by rejected credit or debit card charges, Unica Host ApS reserves the right to update your credit or debit card details (such as expiration dates) where this is not prohibited by law. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Unica Host ApS IS ENTITLED TO OBTAIN SUCH UPDATED CARD DETAILS, STORE THEM AND USE THEM TO BILL CHARGES. If you wish to cancel your contract with Unica Host ApS, you must do so by open a ticket through our client area at least one week before the expiry of the Fixed Contract Period.
- Please be aware that we may use any feedback, comments, or suggestions that you send us or post in our forums without any obligation to you.
Additional Terms applicable to use of Unica Host ApS Backup
- Some Services, including Unica Host ApS Backup and Unica Host ApS Pro Suite (the “Backup Packages”) are sold on condition that the data being backed up is stored on the internal hard drives of devices that are not classified as External Storage Devices (as defined above), and that the number of such devices does not exceed the limits stipulated in the Pricing Structure. In the event that you wish to backup data stored on External Devices, you are required to disclose this to us and pay such additional storage related charges as set out in the Pricing Structure for that Backup Packages.
- An upper limit on the number of devices from which backup can be run will be included on each Backup Package. The applicable upper limit will be notified to you at time of Backup Package sale. The upper limit for any single internal or external drive will exclude External Backup Devices, for which the Pricing Structure includes a separate charging methodology. In the event that the number of devices exceeds the applicable limit on the Backup Package sold, Unica Host ApS reserves the right, but is not under an obligation, to increase the upper limit of your Backup Package without prior notification to you, and increase the charges accordingly.
- With the exception of our business service, Services that include Unica Host ApS Backup are not to be used for archiving. You must at all times hold an original copy of the data in the original location on the system it was backed up from and ensure that any External Storage Devices are always connected whilst the Software is running. If you delete files from your computer that have been backed up or disconnect External Storage Devices that have been backed up we will remove the corresponding backup from our servers.
- You must at all times run the Software on any computer that is being backed up and you must ensure this computer connects to the Internet at least once every 30 days. Unica Host ApS will remove backups for computers that have not connected to the service for 30 days.
- If you wish to restore data backed up onto our servers we may require up to 72 hours notice. Whilst ordinarily we would expect your data to be available for restore immediately, we reserve the right to archive data in facilities where it may not be available for immediate access.
You agree not to misuse the Services. For example, you must not, and must not attempt to, use the Services to do the following things:
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- Breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, shared areas of the Services which you have not been invited to, Unica Host ApS (or our service providers’) computer systems;
- Interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- Plant malware or otherwise use the Services to distribute malware;
- Access or search the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”);
- Send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam; send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- Publish anything that is fraudulent, misleading, or infringes another’s rights; promote or advertise products or Services other than your own without appropriate authorisation;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that advocate bigotry, religious, racial or ethnic hatred;
- Violate the law in any way, or violate the privacy of others, or defame others.
Unica Host ApS will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Unica Host ApS service and/or the Unica Host ApS website (the “Site”) if such claims are reported to Unica Host ApS in the manner identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorised to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it by postal mail to the address below.
Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
3. Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to:
Unica Host ApS
Karlslunde Strandvej 76
Unica Host ApS will investigate the complaint and, where an infringement of copyright is identified, Unica Host ApS shall take all necessary steps to resolve the disputed use of copyrighted materials, including where appropriate, terminating the delivery of the Services to the subject of the complaint.
Data Protection and Transfer
- in accordance with the DPA, apply appropriate technical and security measures to protect any such data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage; and
- notify you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 5 business days about: